The Ultimate Comfort Food now that it is winter...
1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Garlic and Herb Seasoning
1 Onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup Carrot, finely chopped
2 ribs Celery, finely chopped
3/4 cup Red Pepper, finely chopped
1 lb Ground Beef
3 tbsp Flour
3 tbsp Tomato Paste
2 cups Beef Stock or Broth
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp Beef Bullion
1 tsp Dried Thyme
2.5 lbs Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 7 medium-medium large Idaho potatoes)
1/2 cup Milk
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil to drizzle
1. HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. ADD onion, celery, peppers, and carrots. COOK for 10 minutes or until softened and sweet.
2. Turn heat up to high. ADD beef and COOK until browned, breaking it up as you go.
3. ADD flour and MIX in. Then ADD tomato paste and MIX in.
4. ADD beef stock, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Bring to a SIMMER for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reduces down to a gravy consistency.
5. TRANSFER to a casserole dish. COVER and refrigerate to cool for 1-2 hours or overnight.
1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
2. COOK potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until soft. DRAIN and return to pot.
3. MASH potatoes. Then ADD milk and salt and pepper. Continue to MASH until smooth.
4. SPREAD potatoes on top of your meat mixture. Take a fork and ROUGH UP the surface. DRIZZLE with olive oil.
5. BAKE for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on the edges. You can stick a knife into the middle to ensure it is piping hot.
6. Let STAND for 5 minutes before serving .
For a printable version of this recipe, please go here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OKvclStXFZlEgs5-AeVi-nQExKgtCJRT7zCK3Nniies/edit?usp=sharing