1 Can (15 oz) Pumpkin Puree
1 Can (12 oz) Evaporated Milk
4 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar - Packed
2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
1 Cup Salted Butter - Melted
Whipped Cream - Optional
1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. BUTTER a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, BLEND together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugars, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until smooth.
3. POUR mixture into prepared pan and SPREAD into an even layer.
4. SPRINKLE dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture and use your hands to gently PRESS it into the batter.
5. SPRINKLE the top of the cake with chopped pecans and evenly DRIZZLE the melted butter over the entire cake.
6. BAKE in preheated oven for 40 minutes. At this point, CHECK your cake. If the top is becoming too brown, COVER the cake with a piece of foil for the remaining baking time. Continue BAKING for an additional 10-20 minutes or until cake is set.
7. REMOVE pan to a wire rack to cool completely. CHILL for a few hours before serving.
8. If desired, TOP with whipped cream and chopped pecans before serving. ENJOY!
For a printable version of this recipe, please go here: