Ingredients for the Burrito Sauce1 tbsp Butter
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp Flour
1 cup Chicken Stock
1.5 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
1 cup mild or medium Salsa Verde (You can incorporate some regular tomato salsa to the mixture to add flavor and more color to the sauce)
1/2 cup low fat Sour Cream
Ingredients for the Burrito3-4 cups cooked Chicken Breasts, chopped or shredded
2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
3 Avocados, peeled and smashed up (you can drizzle with Fresh Lemon to prevent browning)
8 Flour Tortillas
1. PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sauce pan, SAUTE garlic in butter over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. STIR in flour and continue to stir while cooking for 2 more minutes.
2. STIR in chicken broth, cumin, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
3. Remove from heat and STIR in the sour cream, salsa verde, and cilantro.
4. PREPARE a baking dish with nonstick spray. ADD about 1/2 of the sauce to the bottom of the pan and SPREAD out until the bottom of the baking dish is evenly coated.
5. LAY out tortilla and ADD chicken, shredded cheese, and avocado. ROLL up tortilla.
6. PLACE each tortilla, seam-side down, in the dish. REPEAT until all tortillas and filling is used up.
7. POUR the remaining sauce over the burritos. BAKE for about 15 minutes.
8. Then, ADD the rest of the cheese on top and BAKE an additional 5 minutes.
For a printable version of this recipe, please go here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GwLftV8Q7duMd725NzOP0TYdgsmpTaY3vVu55Bk4kok/edit?usp=sharing